We are a group of dedicated parents and members of the Garran community who understand the importance of connectedness and working together towards shared goals.
The strong partnership the P&C Association has with the school continues to create an inclusive, exciting and evolving environment for our children to learn and to grow.
Garran Primary School has the motto ‘Versatility’, and the P&C Association is versatile too. We work alongside the school to support the community, staff and children, offering extended education, relevant advice, information on fundraising activities and events, and an online social space for everyone to share their skills, thoughts, and stories.
The P&C operates as a non-profit organisation to:
- Support the school leadership team in achieving the school goals;
- Oversee the operation of a school canteen and uniform shop;
- Further the education of the students and the community at large;
- Raise matters relating to the education and well-being of the school community with appropriate authorities, including the ACT Education Department;
- Raise money to support these aims, staff requests, and student needs;
- Organise various student or community activities and events.
“We wish to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land we learn and connect on; the Ngunnawal and Ngambri people. We wish to acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region. We would also like to acknowledge and welcome other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who may be visiting this website.“